Are you under 30, a Canadian citizen, and interested in doing an international internship? Look no further! Sustainable Cities is recruiting new interns for our CIDA / IYIP Program.
The program is intended to address multiple goals:
Provide high-quality experiences in development work for Canadian interns
Address specific development goals of the participating cities around governance (participatory planning) and sustainable urban development
Increase the knowledge and understanding of youth-led development through the Sustainable Cities International Network, partners and affiliates.
This round we have internships available in Dakar, Senegal; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; San Fernando, Philippines, Durban, South Africa and Colima, Mexico.
We require that all candidates be:
• Between the ages of 19 and 30 as of June 24th 2011;
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
• A post-secondary graduate – graduate of a degree or diploma program from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP (collège d’enseignement général et professionnel);
• Out of school with no coursework to complete;
• Unemployed or underemployed;
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
In addition, successful candidates must be available to attend pre-departure training in Vancouver from June 24th – 30th 2011 and to begin their overseas placement on July 18th 2011. Also, interns must be available to attend a debriefing session in Vancouver in mid-February 2012.
Applications for all positions are due at 11:59pm, Sunday, May 22nd. For more information, please visit our website.
*Nous sommes heureux d’offrir un processus de sélection bilingue. Si vous le souhaitez, vous pouvez soumettre votre CV et/ou votre lettre de présentation en français.